Hi, How Can We Help You?

Archive for December 17, 2015

balance logo

How Does an Unmarried Parent See Their Child(ren), if the Mother Is Not Allowing Visitation?

If you are an unmarried father, and the mother is refusing you visitation with your child, there are legal steps you can take to ensure you get your visitation/time sharing rights. You can file a Petition to Establish Paternity, Custody, and Child Support with the court. FS 742.10 is the paternit...

Read More
balance logo

What Will Happen to Alimony If Senate Bill 250 Passes?

Currently in the legislature is Senate Bill 250. Experts in the field anticipate some changes to permanent alimony. A change to permanent alimony was passed by the legislature 2 years ago but the Governor vetoed the bill; and there ...

Read More
balance logo

Why Is It Important to Decide at the Time of Your Divorce Whether to Keep Your Name or Go Back to Your Maiden Name?

At the time of filing the petition of dissolution of marriage, you must plead that you want to go back to your maiden name if that is what you wish to do. If you want to keep your current name, you do not have to do anything. If you do not plead regarding your maiden name in your petition for diss...

Read More
Couple on couch not getting along


Divorce can leave you feeling stressed both emotionally and financially, betrayed, angry, scared, and depressed. An attorney can advise you on the latest laws, how to protect your rights, and guide you through the process. She can also recommend counselors, a financial planner, and a CPA to assist y...

Read More
Mother and daughter spend time in a cafe in the city


Issues involving children are often the most difficult for clients. It is important to have an attorney that knows the law that can guide you and protect your rights. The attorney can recommend counselors and experts. This may help alleviate some of the stress regarding custody and time-sharing. An ...

Read More
Bride and groom holding hands

Prenuptial Agreements

You are in love and getting married. However, you have worked hard and acquired assets. You want to protect these assets in the event of a divorce. An attorney can draft a prenuptial agreement and help you protect these assets. You have been presented a prenuptial agreement by your fiancé. Shoul...

Read More
Grandparents with granddaughter


Sometimes one parent remarries and their new spouse wants to adopt the child. Oftentimes, the biological Father or Mother has not seen the child for many years, not paid child support, and/or is unfit. If that is the case, an attorney can assist you with an Orlando st...

Read More
Care worker with elderly woman


If you have an elderly parent, relative, or spouse that is no longer capable of making decisions for themselves or can no longer care for themselves it may be necessary to get a guardianship so that their bills can be paid, they get proper medical treatment and care, and no o...

Read More
Parents helping their daughter draw


When there is a substantial and material change in circumstances that is permanent, it may be possible to have the Judge review and adjust financial responsibilities to reflect the changes in circumstances

  • Child Support
  • Alimony
  • Timesharing...

    Read More
Couple arguing with each other

Domestic Violence Injunctions

Often someone has an abusive spouse, partner, or significant other that they are scared will commit domestic violence against them or has committed domestic violence against them. An attorney can assist you with the goal of obtaining an Injunction Against Domestic Violence ag...

Read More